Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Used Release New Single and EP (Opinion Post)


Post-Hardcore veterans, The Used released their "The Ocean of the Sky" EP on July 9th. As loyal fan of The Used I have been patient with the different direction that their last two albums have offered. Since their debut LP "Maybe Memories" in 2002 I have credited The Used as one of my favorite bands of all-time. When "Lies for the Liars" was released in 2006 I saw the potential change direction that they may be headed. I felt that the band saw themselves in the shadow of their friends in My Chemical Romance. I always saw The Used as the superior of the two and praised them for not taking the mainstream route. Then "Artwork" come out in 2009. I was not a fan of this album by any means and was worried with direction the band  thought they needed to go. I'm always accepting of change in a band, actually I encourage it. But for me this album had no redeeming quality. Most tracks fell flat while others were mediocre at best. Their next album "Vulnerable" was released inn 2011. Although I enjoyed it much more than "Artwork" it not hit any part of my heart that their first three albums did. The Used's first single off their new EP titlted "Iddy Biddy". This song has yet again failed to "wow" me. The song and lyrics seem lazy and the melody is boring throughout. I have not listened to entirety of "The Ocean of the Sky" as of this writing, but I plan on having a review sometime in the next few days. Hopefully their will be something on their to give me hope back to Bert and the gang before their sixth album is released.

Listen to "Iddy Biddy" below and judge for yourself! Also please comment on all blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment